Category Archives: Computers
Have you ever had a problem with kids using Facebook and you think that it may not be for their age? That’s the worlds number one problem for people steal information from kids on Facebook. May be a big problem for them, but there is a solution ready for you.
What’s What beta, is a website where kids have their own social networking website. This is a website that basically allows no adults. If you think you can hack in , you’re wrong! What’s What beta, has face recognition software for you to login, so you may know the password, but your still not going to get in buddy. Don’t worry parents, this is not only for kids, but it also has a parental monitoring system for your kids, and all friends requests have to be approved by the parent!
If you still can’t get a facebook, What’s What beta, is the perfect social networking site for all kids and only kids! What’s What beta makes sure that you give them a photo of you and then you use your webcam to show your face and get facial recognition to let you sign in into your account. It’s has the exact same features as Facebook, but the only thing that is restricted is adults and your explicit language.
What’s What beta, is safe and secure and no information can get leaked out. No adults are even allowed to use this program as facial recognition technology comes into place once again. You have your backgrounds for your wall and you’re the one who decides who can be your friends and your the one who can decide to write stuff on your wall. You can play games and gain points for yourself and compare with people all over the world. Don’t worry everything is private in this website. You won’t be asked for permission to give information to play games at all. You just play them, get high scores, and you get ranked with the world. Watch out Facebook because your going to have a pretty tough competition with this website and many more who are coming to compete!
Posted in Computers
Tags: 11, 15, 5, a, alphabet, article, b, back, background, callofduty, coming, computer, computers, date, face, facebook, google, hack, hacker, help, internet, ipod, keywords, kids, livingonscience, m, music, network, networking, o, password, people, playstation, press, psn, recognition, rms's crypt, safe, safey, sharing, social, store, tags, tik, time, up, update, use, wall, webcam, when, wikipedia, wire, word, wordpress, youtube
They’ve done it again. Yeah it’s the same. It’s Google. They’ve done it. Google’s new Chromebook that was released on June 15,2011. Google, which already has many products running all on the web, now have their own operating system that runs and lives on the internet. Yeah, it’s true.
Google believes that people use the internet on the computers the most. Would you believe this or not? The Chromebook is a computer for the people who only use the internet on their computers. You might have to write some documents or something that involves in Microsoft Office software. Google has that all covered. If you have a Google account then you can basically use that for your needs of documentation or presentation with Google documents. So it’s pretty useful I guess.
Specifications (Samsung Chromebook also with Acer and few others)
• 12.1″ (1280×800) Display
• 3.26 lbs / 1.48 kg
• Up to 8.5 hours of continuous usage*
• Intel Dual-Core Processor
• Built in dual-band Wi-Fi and World-mode 3G**
• HD Webcam
• 2 USB 2.0 ports
• 4-in-1 memory card slot
• Mini-VGA port
• Fullsize Chrome keyboard
• Oversized, fully-clickable trackpad
Features: The Google Chromebook has a quite of lot of features that all run on the internet. Unlike other computers, the Chromebook only takes 8 seconds and you’ll be on the web. That’s because the Chromebook doesn’t have to run on any BIOS to get that started and booted. It’s just a browser that opens up and asks for you to sign up to you Google account and you’re up and running. On regular computers you have to run many things before you get to the desktop and in which getting the desktop running takes a little while. While on the Chromebook you just take 8 seconds to boot the browser and get it up and running. Don’t worry you’ll always be connected no matter where you are. With the Chromebook, you can basically take it anywhere you want to and still be connected to the internet. The Chromebook has both Wi-Fi and 3G connections with Verizon Wireless. Just don’t to do enthusiastic about the 3G because it may not be as fast as you wish it to be. Remember there’s the Wi-Fi model and 3G model so you’ll get 100 MB free from Verizon 3G every month. Battery supply has a great amount and can last long for many days. The Chromebook has your online storage all on the cloud (But I wonder where that cloud is!). So, if you lose your laptop and get another one, you’ll work will be right there just as you left it. Another one of the features are that you can allow friends and family access their accounts through your Chromebook without doing anything to your account. There’s is also a Guest feature for people who don’t have a Google account and just want to use the internet. The Chromebook is always fresh. It updates itself everyday with security, OS, and many other things without even bothering you with those annoying pop-ups saying update ready. Security isn’t a problem with the Chromebook at all. Updates keep the computer fresh from viruses and malware. The sandbox environment also keeps away the viruses from your computer. So when you have 2 things your working on, each one is protected by the sandbox, so if you ever get a tab that has viruses then that page may crash, but it won’t affect anything else on the computer or on the 2 things you were working on. The guest mode also helps keep people from accessing your account and work. The verified boot will detect anything wrong when booting the Chromebook. If there’s anything wrong, then the computer will recover it self and you can go on doing your work. Data encryption will safely store your work and web apps and other memory in the cloud away from anyone’s access at all.
So the Chromebook seems pretty useful, but it just may not be the best computer for the people who are more into computers with programming, creating software, and working with web development. So if you’re a main web user I think you have a great reccomendation: The Chromebook.
Tags: .com, 11, 15, 3, 5, a, alookathefuture, alphabet, b, back, black, book, c, call, chrome, coming, computer, computers, crypt, d, date, dell, duty, e, f, free, frost, g, google, h, hack, help, howto, i, internet, j, k, l, lime, linearfix, livingonscience, m, modern, music, n, nerds, network, o, of, ops, password, playstation, press, psn, rms's, sharing, store, tags, tik, up, update, use, w, warfare, website, when, wire, word, wordpress
Sorry for the big break, but this website was shut down for a wail due to a big maintanience break. Now to the point. Are you someone who hates programming and wants to find a way to create your own operating system? I think there’s a solution to that.
Novell has created things for your schools security and now they have made something that can help you create an operating system within your own web browser! Just sign in and begin to create your own OS. Just add you programs that you want to be pre-installed and then configure you settings within the network and other things and then you’re set. You have created your own operating system.
I, myself, have tried to create my own OS by taking my time with various programs until I had finally found Suse Studio. I then became setting off of script working and use this program to create my own Linux based OS. You can find this at www.susestudio.com.
I have created an Operating System and have been working on the Kiwi OS and Luminous OS. Both are based on different platforms where one in on JeOS and the other is on a GNOME platform. Both are based on a Linux platform and are really cool. I’ll put the download for Kiwi OS soon on the downloads page so don’t forget to check it out.
Web browsers are designed for users to basically use the internet in style, with customization and many other features that you think would suit you. Now days we mostly use our web browsers more than anything else on our computer. A web browser would probably be used at least every day. Trust me, you will feel internet sick if you don’t/not allowed to use use the internet. I have created a list of the top 5 web browsers that I think are very interesting and are things that I use everyday. (These are not facts, but only opinions.
1. Google Chrome: Google has probably created the most dynamic web browser of all time. Google has mainly tried everything to make it satisfactory. Google’s main purpose in their browser was to make it light. No bugging downloads screen and messed up plugins with a bunch of pop ups. Google has made it convenient to search up basically anything in a flash. The basic structure of this web browser is very simple for people to use it. Just by looking at it, you’ll probably know how to use it. It’s a special browser that has the power to do what you choose. Personalized themes and basically everything that a web surfer would need. http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/make/download.html?brand=CHKZ
2. Mozilla Firefox: Firefox is basically the safest browser that you could find. It has great features, great themes, and it’s very attractive just when you set your eyes on it. Probably one of the best browsers that you could find, but it really isn’t a light browser like Chrome. Though unlike Chrome, Firefox, has many security options and a lot of widgets that you could get off like a basic plug-in. Firefox is also very dynamic in it’s add-ons billions of plug-ins are always available at mozzila.com. Firefox is a great a recommended browser. (I use both firefox and chrome!) http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/new/
3. Opera: Opera is a good browser. It’s not the best yet it’s not the worst ,but there’s no other browser like Opera which is fast. Opera has great features and has supported internet in the Wii and many other game consoles. The code behind it makes it more available to other type of operating systems. It has also been available to many portable handheld devices including the iPhone which usually uses Safari. It’s open to the community with development, feedback, and great support. It deserves a spot for the top 3.
4. Safari: Apple has once again done it. They have created something that is very easy to use and attractive at the same time. Not the best browser you could find but It’s an OK type of browser. I would rather use this than IE8. Safari is a fast browser that can help you search quickly and get a lot of sneak peaks of movies on it’s Apple home page. It can be a slow browser but it’s still usable for web surfers. Not the fastest but it’s still pretty safe with great web filtering and keeps you safe from malware etc. http://www.apple.com/safari/
5. Internet Explorer 9: IE9 is not the best web browser in the world. Out of probably 5 nice web browser it would be rated as the last rank. It’s slow, buggy, but you know when you download a new operating system, you at least have something to surf the web on. It’s better than nothing. Microsoft, this is not a great web browser. I was praying for it to download Google Chrome when I first got my new computer. It’s amazingly slow and buggy with a bunch of useless things that first pop up when you boot it up. You’ll probably slap you’re head when you start Internet Explorer. ‘Sigh’, this browser is just………….bad. If you prefer it you can download new versions @ http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie/home
Tags: 11, 15, 5, a, alphabet, annoying, b, back, best, browsers, c, chrome, coming, computers, d, date, e, explorer, f, finally, firefox, free, frost, g, h, hack, help, how, i, internet, l, m, mozilla, music, network, not, opera, password, playstation, press, psn, safari, sharing, store, tik, to, tube, up, update, use, when, wire, word, working, you
“I need another story, something to get off my chest, my life….” Well that song was Secrets by OneRepublic and I guess you can get that song off of LimeWire. Well now it’s officially said. LimeWire is illegal, illegal, and illegal. If you guys still use LimeWire do something, but it has to be something where you don’t use it. Officialy said that LimeWire was illegal, LimeWire creators etc. face a big lawsuit of $105 million due to illegal sharing of media and music. Well, there goes LimeWire. This blows. No more music for free with no viruses. 😦 You can go and check there website and here’s what it will probably say:
LimeWire has been under court order for a while ,but now they have been filed with a law suit with $105 million dollars and is strictly illegal towards the whole country. You can see that even they tell you to stop using it, so I think you really should stop using it. I was once a use of LimeWire ,but then I had a feeling that something like this would happen and then I immediately quit inn 2009. This secret case could date from a problem in 2006. People still used the program ,but it was always told to stop using it. They case had been settled for copyright infringement. “We are pleased to have reached a large monetary settlement following the court’s finding that both LimeWire and its founder Mark Gorton personally liable for copyright infringement,” said RIAA Chairman and CEO Mitch Bainwol. “As the court heard during the last two weeks, LimeWire wreaked enormous damage on the music community, helping contribute to thousands of lost jobs and fewer opportunities for aspiring artists.”
I guess I could agree with Mr. Bainwol because a lot of money had been lost in this big LimeWire problem that had been aroused. But wait this problem is still not done. People still have software and old software of LimeWire until the database connection is officially closed by RIAA. Another problem is that developers had worked on a LimeWire Pirate Edition which is an illegal version of LimeWire and still lives in the archives of the internet. LimeWire is officially shut down but it still lives on with it’s Pirate Edition that people still use. Also don’t forget that other programs like FrostWire and BitTorrent are still out there. I guess the problem to illegal music/media sharing won’t be solved for a while.
You choose on what illegal media sharing decision that you would do now: